Facebook Working With Developers To Test Its Credits For Websites
Facebook recently announced that it has started testing its Credits on other websites. The virtual currency launched earlier this year, and all Facebook game developers are now required to process payments using them.
We have begun working with a few developers to test the ability to offer Facebook Credits on websites, with the goal of helping them offer a more unified app experience to users beyond apps on Facebook. One early example is Collapse! Blast on Gamehouse.com.
At this time, we are focused on gathering early developer feedback. We will keep you posted as our tests continue. If you are interested in Facebook Credits for websites should we broaden the test, please sign up here.
If demand is high and the results of the tests are positive, Facebook Credits could become a payment option throughout the web, offering more developers the opportunity to add it to their sites. This would be a big source of revenue for the company, which currently takes 30% of the amount earned through Facebook Credits, leaving 70% for the developers.